Discovery Trail (Nr. 145)
The tour leads through a Swiss stone pine forest, where these ancient, gnarled trees along with larches line the snowshoe path. The objective is to find the Findeln hamlet, which is famous for its mountain restaurant and its inviting sunny terraces.
- Type Snowshoeing
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,30 h
- Distance 3,8 km
- Ascent 85 m
- Descent 256 m
- Lowest point 2019 m
- Highest point 2275 m
At Riffelalp Resort - Börter - Findeln (Ze Gassen)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 40)
- Good, waterproof footwear
- Hiking poles
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
The snowshoe trails can be tackled without a mountain guide. Beware: they are not prepared in any way and are not controlled daily; nor are they secured from natural hazards such as avalanches or rockfalls. For safety, check the weather forecast and current avalanche bulletin.
All snowshoeing is at one’s own risk.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.