Family Trail (Nr. 134)
This snowshoe trail is an excellent choice for families. It is not too long, technically not challenging and not far from civilisation. It goes through a light forest where something can be seen time and again.
- Type Snowshoeing
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 3,6 km
- Ascent 117 m
- Descent 180 m
- Lowest point 1408 m
- Highest point 1485 m
Täsch – Atermenzen - Randa
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h)
- Good, waterproof footwear
- Hiking poles
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
The snowshoe trails can be tackled without a mountain guide. Beware: they are not prepared in any way and are not controlled daily; nor are they secured from natural hazards such as avalanches or rockfalls. For safety, check the weather forecast and current avalanche bulletin.
All snowshoeing is at one’s own risk.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.