Gourmet Trail (Nr. 6)
Anyone visiting Zermatt for the first time will marvel at the Gourmetweg (Gourmet Path), which leads past numerous mountain restaurants with a global reputation.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,25 h
- Distance 9 km
- Ascent 3 m
- Descent 690 m
- Lowest point 1602 m
- Highest point 2288 m
Sunnegga - Findeln - Patrullarve - Ried - Zermatt (station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 3h)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Gourmetweg”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Sun cream and sun glasses for the sun terrace in the mountain restaurants
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.