Rotenboden toboggan run
The toboggan run on the Gornergrat is not only the Alps’ highest but also one of the most beautiful. Zermatt’s mountain panorama with the Matterhorn offers the ultimate setting for sledging. The thrilling run lasts about 10 minutes.
- Type Sledging
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 0,10 h
- Distance 1,5 km
- Ascent 0 m
- Descent 233 m
- Lowest point 2580 m
- Highest point 2813 m
Rotenboden - Riffelberg
From Riffelberg, cog trains of the Gornergrat Bahn depart about every 10 minutes for the ride back up to Rotenboden.
- Toboggan (rental from Rotenboden summit station)
- Warm winter clothing with gloves and hat
- Warm, waterproof footwear
- Helmet, where appropriate
- Please be considerate to others on the toboggan run.
- Adapt riding and speed to your ability and the conditions.
- Small children must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not leave the marked trails.
- It is forbidden to toboggan on the ski pistes.