Zermatt Circular Trail (Nr. 117)
A chapel, beautiful bridges and an enchanted winter forest like no other: the Zermatt Circular Trail offers this and more.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 6,5 km
- Ascent 198 m
- Descent 198 m
- Lowest point 1602 m
- Highest point 1761 m
Zermatt (train station) – Blatten – Moos – Findelbachbrücke – AHV Weg - Zermatt (train station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Rundweg Zermatt”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.