Zermatt-Furi (via Winkelmatten) (Nr. 116)
This winter hiking trail crosses the quarter at the far end of Zermatt in the direction of Furi. Along the way it leads across snow-blanketed meadows, through wintery forest and past romantic, secluded spots.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1,00 h
- Distance 2,8 km
- Ascent 199 m
- Descent 5 m
- Lowest point 1667 m
- Highest point 1866 m
Winkelmatten (chapel) - Moos - Furi
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 45 min)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.