Zermatt-Ried (Nr. 107)
This gentle winter hiking trail leads from the centre of Zermatt through different quarters into the area of Ried. The clear view of the Matterhorn from here is particularly beautiful.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 0,50 h
- Distance 2,2 km
- Ascent 201 m
- Descent 9 m
- Lowest point 1600 m
- Highest point 1800 m
Zermatt (station) - Ried
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 40 min)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.