Zermatt-Sunnegga (via Winkelmatten) (Nr. 112)
This Zermatt walk is a wintery idyll, offering sunshine, the romance of the forest, snow-capped peaks, gastronomic treats and a breathtaking view.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 3,7 km
- Ascent 641 m
- Descent 33 m
- Lowest point 1672 m
- Highest point 2288 m
Winkelmatten (chapel) - Findeln - Sunnegga
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 30)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.