Zermatt-Zmutt (Nr. 121)
This walk takes you through a winter wonderland of past times. From Zermatt, the trail climbs gently to the hamlet of Zmutt, where time seems to have stood still.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,20 h
- Distance 2,7 km
- Ascent 330 m
- Descent 2 m
- Lowest point 1614 m
- Highest point 1931 m
Zermatt - Zmutt
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 50 min)
The way back is also possible via the road to Furi.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Hint: Note possible route closures (in case of avalanche risk).
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.